Poland and Germany are not only close neighbours and share a border of more than 400km but also have long-lasting cultural ties. In Scouting and Guiding there are many local partnerships between Polish and German units and friendship between Guides and Scouts from both countries exist. Against this background it was decided in the beginning of 2021 to formalize the collaboration and also establish a joint partnership team.
The partnership team will be co-led by two leaders, one from Poland and one from Germany. This two have been already selected. And now, we are looking forward to finding eight more people – four members from Poland and four members from Germany, who will work in this unique bilateral team. The people we are looking for can and shall bring their ideas into this partnership and contribute to create greater international experience.
Requirements and expectations for each position to be filled:
We are looking for motivated individuals who:
– are excited about international partnerships within Guiding and Scouting and wants to establish more opportunities for the members of both MOs/NSOs to benefit from this unique feature of our movement.
– are good and pro-active communicators and able to find common solutions even when individual interests might differ.
– are responsible for achieving goals.
– can communicate fluently in English, which will be the working language of our joint activities.
– have experience in leading international exchanges or in international partnerships on local, regional or national level, ideally in a Polish-German context.
– are willing to support local troops and leaders to prepare exchanges or also during exchanges.
– are willing to participate in two on-site meetings (during weekends) per year + estimated time needed: around 10 hours per month.
Every single position will be limited up to 3 years term and can be extended, if the mutual wish exists to continue. We would imagine the future team to cover following areas. If you have any preference which of the area would interest you the most, please mention it in your application letter.
Who are we looking for?
(Recruitment needs: 4 people from each side to work in pairs)
– Is your head full of amazing ideas for the future way of this partnership? Do you possess a dab hand in organizing and keeping track of things? Together with the group you will create a program and make it happen.
– Do you have good knowledge of German/Polish and English? Aren’t you afraid of talking and sharing ideas in a multilingual environment? That’s great, you will work together with us to make events and documents easy to understand.
– Are you a mastermind at juggling numbers and you know how the wheel works in business? You will support the team and the partnership with your unique financial skills in planning the projects and looking out for funds.
*Social media dab hand
– Are you up to date on social media? Is your hobby being an influencer? You can awake interest in others about workshops, activities and events? Do you have a good eye for photography and creating clips or videos? You will take the lead in social media actions by promoting our events and activities in a virtual world. Knowledge of data protection would be a plus.
What do we offer?:
- You will work in a joint team and you will have a unique opportunity to live and celebrate the fascination of international exchanges. What’s more, you will have the possibility to increase and shape your knowledge and skills through experiences in international scouting environment.
- You will get deep insights into all levels of Scouting and Guiding in an international context – from local to national level.
- Thanks to your contribution, you will make it happen for Guides and Scouts from both countries
willto have a chance to experience international friendship and come together with other young people during different events.
How to apply:
We are looking forward to receive your application, including a brief motivation letter as well as a Scout/ Guide CV in English.
Deadline for applications is 15th of October 2021
Don’t hesitate to contact us and apply for these unique positions!
Hope to see you soon on board! 🙂